Cash Management FAQ's
What is Cash Management?
Cash Management provides business and retail customers with an effective and convenient on-line link to manage the funds in their accounts through our on-line banking site. All you need is access to the internet. Your account information is available 24/7.
What are the hardware and software requirements?
Cash Management doesn't require any special software - just internet access using a web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer (10.0 or higher is recommended), Firefox or Chrome. Cookies must be enabled. Encryption level is an important part of internet security, so keeping your browser updated is important.
Protect yourself from identity fraud
There are other actions you can take to protect your personal information online. At a minimum, we recommend the following precautions.
- Never share your Login ID.
- Never share your password. Bank employees will never need to know your password, and you should never furnish it to anyone.
- Change your password often.
- Make sure no one is watching when you enter your Login ID and password.
- Never walk away from the computer if your account information is showing on the screen.
- Do not send confidential information by email unless you are in a secure session.
- Subscribe and maintain a virus protection program for your PC.
Our operating system is designed to guard your privacy. Accounts are password-protected. We use data encryption to protect your information as it's passed between you and First National Bank. We employ firewalls and filtering routers to protect your transactions once they're inside our system. Please read our Privacy Pledge for more information about privacy and security.
What services are available in Cash Management?
- Check your account balances
- View and print your current and previous statements
- View and print check images
- Find all or particular recent transactions
- Download account transactions into Microsoft Money®
- Set automatic account alert notifications
- Transfer money between your personal Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts
- Make payments to your First National Banks loans
- Upload NACHA formatted files
- Create ACH recurring batch templates. Business customers who transact ACH transfers will be assessed a monthly service fee of $25.00.
- Create recurring Wire Transfer templates
What does it cost to use Cash Management?
- This service is provided to our customers free of charge.
How do I sign up for Cash Management?
Come by one of our convenient locations and complete an enrollment form.
What are some Cash Management login tips/suggestions?
- When choosing a login id and password, do not choose something simple that might be guessed by someone else.
- Do not give your user id or password to anyone.
- Keep your password in a secure location.
What if I encounter problems? Is there help along the way?
- There is online help available within Cash Management.
- You can call our Customer Care department at 575-437-4880, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
What can I do to speed up my Cash Management experience?
- Make sure all other programs are closed while you are working in Cash Management.
- Are you using a dial-up connection? If so, you might want to consider changing to a broadband connection (either using DSL or cable).
How do I change my email address?
Click on the “Edit Profile” button to change the email address that alerts will be sent to. Then click Change/verify
How do I send a secure message to the bank?
Click on the Messages tab and click on the “Send a New Message” button. Use the drop down box to select a department. Add a subject and enter your message in the Message box then click Send Message. You can also receive messages from the bank. New messages will appear in your Inbox when you click the Messages button.
Services are subject to New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax
Is Cash Management secure?
Yes. Our cash management application deploys SSL 128bit encryption technology to provide a secure communication session to be established between your computer and the Cash Management server.
What is dual control and how is it implemented in Cash Management?
Cash Management User security is set up so that the financial transactions uploaded or created through a template by one employee are required to be verified by another employee before the transactions can be released.
What if I forget my Company ID User and/or Password?
Call our Cash Management Support Team at 575-437-4880.
What accounts can I access in Cash Management?
Your users can access any checking, savings or loan account you assign to them. Use the User Check feature to see what your employee sees. If you don’t see an account in the “View Accounts”, call 575-437-4880.
Is my information updated during the business day?
Yes, all pending transactions; teller generated, ach, and Cash Management transactions, will show in the details portion of the View Accounts screen. Your available balance will be affected by these pending transactions.
Can I download my account information to accounting software?
Yes, you can click the download button in the “View Accounts” screen. Use the drop down button to select either Comma Delimited (CSV) or Microsoft Money®. There is no charge for this service.
How do I create a transfer?
- Click on the Transfer Funds button.
- Select the "From" account and the "To" account
- Enter the dollar amount in the "Amount of Transfer"
- Click the "Transfer Funds" button
NOTE: You can only transfer amounts that are equal to or less than the available balance in the "From" account
How do I check the status of a transfer?
The "View Accounts" screen displays current day transaction including transfers.
How do I cancel a current day pending transfer?
View the "Transfer" screen and click the "Delete" button
Can I pay my First National Bank loan payment in Cash Management?
Yes, using the funds transfer button you can make your regular loan payment from your checking or savings account to your loan.
What are the cut-off time for funds transfer?
To be posted the same day, all transfers need to be completed by 4:00PM
Can I transfer funds from my Credit line to my deposit accounts?
Yes if your Credit Line has available funds.
Company users can upload ACH files or create recurring templates using the ACH button.
Contact Account Services at (575) 437-4880 for information.
Company users can create templates for recurring wire transfers or can create one time wire transfers.
Contact Account Services at (575) 437-4880 for information.
How do I create an account alert?
You will be asked to enter your e-mail address before alerts can be set up.
You can set up alerts for all accounts by clicking on the "Account Alerts" button.
Several alert types are available.
- NSF or OD item
- Loan Payment Past Due
- Loan Payment Due
- Time Deposit Maturing
- Balance less than Threshold
- Balance greater than threshold
How do I turn off alerts?
Click on the "Account Alerts" then select the account from the drop down box on the alert type then select "delete".